GFBio - Gesellschaft für Biologische Daten e.V.
- #FAIRData champions, helping researchers on a daily basis to improve their Research Data Management.
- the forum for shaping the future of Research Data Management (RDM) in biodiversity, ecology and environmental research.
- aggregating and communicating the needs of our target communities to funding agencies and policy makers.
We are also hiring right now. Join our team!
- Training and education coordinator for the NFDI4BioDiversity. See full profile.
- Full-stack software developer for a Data Management project in the DFG priority programme SPP1991 Taxon-Omics. See full profile.
Our role in the German Federation for Biological Data (GFBio)
GFBio e.V. was founded on 31 May 2016 in Bremen as the legal entity for the sustainable operation of GFBio beyond the funding period. It is a non-for-profit (gemeinnützige) association to promote science and research in the area of scientific data management in accordance with its statutes (in German only). Since 2018 GFBio e.V. receives funding from the German Research Foundation (DFG).
GFBio e.V. Fact Sheet (in German)
Our role in the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI)
In October 2020, GFBio e.V. has become part of the German National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI. The association acts as coordinating partner in the NFDI4BioDiversity consortium, one of the large, community-driven networks that form the NFDI. This role comes with a substantial increase in staff and the responsibility to organize the transition of GFBio services into new structures. Also, the network of data providers will grow substantially. The brand GFBio will be sustained.
GFBio e.V. staff
To stem the spread of the COVID-19 virus, many of us are currently working from home. Our telephone availability may therefore be limited in some cases. The best way to reach us is to send us an e-mail. Please leave your contact details with us and we will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible.
Data and Software Services
GFBio e.V. board members
The GFBio e.V. board is the highest management body of the association. All members are working in an honorary capacity.
1. Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Frank Oliver Glöckner
2. Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Birgitta König-Ries
Treasurer: Dr. Janine Felden
1. Assessor: Dr. Dagmar Triebel
2. Assessor: Dipl.-Inf. Anton Güntsch
Interested in joining GFBio e.V.?
We are an open community. Active supporters of RDM best practices in biology - individuals and organisations - are always welcome! There are many ways to contribute: you and your organisation may represent the needs of a scientific community, offer solutions and insights, or simply be a FAIR advocate.
Please download our membership application form and send the signed form to vorstand[at]gfbio.org for review. The annual GFBio membership fee is 50 € (including VAT). We recommend to subscribe to our SEPA Direct Debit Schema. For more details please check the GFBio e.V. contribution rules (Beitragsordnung).
GFBio - Gesellschaft für Biologische Daten e.V.c/o Research II Campus Ring 128759 Bremen