GFBio - Gesellschaft für Biologische Daten e.V.
- #FAIRData champions, helping researchers on a daily basis to improve their Research Data Management.
- the forum for shaping the future of Research Data Management (RDM) in biodiversity, ecology and environmental research.
- aggregating and communicating the needs of our target communities to funding agencies and policy makers.
GFBio e.V. was founded on 31 May 2016 in Bremen as the legal entity for the sustainable operation of GFBio beyond the funding period. It is a non-for-profit (gemeinnützige) association to promote science and research in the area of scientific data management in accordance to its statutes (in German only). Since 2018 GFBio e.V. receives funding from the German Research Foundation (DFG).
GFBio e.V. Fact Sheet (in German)
GFBio e.V. staff
Dr. Ivaylo Kostadinov
MSc. Jimena Linares
Dipl.-Biol. Tanja Weibulat
Interested in joining our team? We are hiring!
- Multiple software developer positions in NFDI4BioDiversity, our consortium in the National Research Data Infrastrcuture (NFDI). See full profiles (deadline 18.12.2020).
- Full-stack software developer for a Data Management project in the DFG priority program SPP1991 Taxon-Omics. See full profile.
GFBio e.V. board members
The GFBio e.V. board is the highest management body of the association. All members are working in an honorary capacity.
1. Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Frank Oliver Glöckner
2. Chairperson: Prof. Dr. Birgitta König-Ries
Treasurer: Dr. Janine Felden
1. Assessor: Dr. Dagmar Triebel
2. Assessor: Dipl.-Inf. Anton Güntsch
Interested in joining GFBio e.V.?
We are an open community. Active supporters of RDM best practices in biology - individuals and organisations - are always welcome! There are many ways to contribute: you and your organisation may represent the needs of a scientific community, offer solutions and insights, or simply be a FAIR advocate.
Please download our membership application form and send the signed form to vorstand[at]gfbio.org for review. The annual GFBio membership fee is 50 € (including VAT). We recommend to subscribe to our SEPA Direct Debit Schema. For more details please check the GFBio e.V. contribution rules (Beitragsordnung).
GFBio - Gesellschaft für Biologische Daten e.V.c/o Research II Campus Ring 128759 Bremen